School is back in session! Street Smarts wants to ensure the highest level of safety for everyone.
Drivers should always:
- Adhere to the 25 mph zone, and slow down and obey all traffic laws and speed limits.
- Comply with local school drop-off and pick-up procedures.
- Unload children on the school side of the street or designated drop off area.
- Have children cross the street in the crosswalks only.
- Be cautious of pedestrians and cyclists crossing at Iron Horse Trail crossings.
- Avoid stopping or double parking to let children out of the car.
- Prepare to stop for a school bus when overhead yellow lights are flashing.
- Watch for children walking or biking to school when backing out of a driveway and in areas near a school.
- Avoid cell phone use!